Thursday, May 1, 2008

Love Really Is All You Need

*****
What is love?
*****
Is love real?
*****
Can everyone find love?
*****
Do you have to work for it or does it come to you?
*****
How do you really know when you are feeling love?
*****



There were so many questions I had about love three years ago. I questioned relationships and myself constantly. There were no goals in my life, I had no direction. Then it all changed.

As May arrives, I think about where I was three years ago. At two and a half months pregnant, on Mother's Day, I announced to my family that I was having a baby.


At the time, I was in the early stages of the pregnancy, and the reality of the situation had not completely hit me. I look back on my pregancy experience now and know that I really had no idea what I was about to experince. Obviously, all first time mothers dont know what to expect, because you can not be prepared for motherhood. But what I have learned about the most, and what I am so grateful to have in my life, is Love. The enormous feelings that I have for Oliver are consuming. Love feels like a small, insignificant and often abused word to use for such an amazing soulful connection.



Regardless of what word is used to describe the feelings that a mother has for her child, it is something that every woman deserves to feel in her life. Oliver is a blessing, joy and so much more. I am so lucky to have this priceless child in my life.



*****

1 comment:

ZenithJade said...

ROSE!!!

I've been worried about you! (I thought you fell off the edge of the planet! Although I think Oliver spirited you away, instead!).

Send me a convo, or email, or SOMETHING!

<3<3<3,
Andrea