Sunday, April 27, 2008

Little Quirks in Life



I have been much more observant lately, I think partly because since I began sewing and crafting more, now I inspect things, mostly to see if I could make them, and along the way, I notice more random things that I don't think I would have seen before.





For example, my new shower curtain's label says

"Problem: your shower curtain keeps giving you dirty looks"

I think that is strange.



There are so many things around this world that are worth noticing and even if you dont think they are important, they are, because when you think about it, it really is the little things that matter most. Ever since becoming a mother, I treasure those little things more, not just little things about him, because that's obvious, but little things about life, that were taken for granted before. Its a little frightening to think about the things I sometimes miss, but here are some Examples:

~Time, in any and every form

~Going to the bathroom with two hands (because when you have a sleeping child in your arms, or a toddler who screams if you put him down, you learn to pull down your pants, pee, wipe and pull up your pants with one hand, all while holding the child with the other arm...yeah I know, its partly my fault, but he's so cute!)

~Telling yourself that you are going to get something done, without having the feeling that you wont actually get it done, or if you do it will take twice as long as it should and probably be half assed and feel rushed, unless you wait until the wee hours of the night, in which case it wont be done well anyways because of the sleep deprivation

~Talking to someone who doesn't have kids without wondering if you are boring because they think that all you talk about is your kid

There is no way that this list can ever be finished because there are things added to it everyday, but those are just the ones that come to mind at the moment...

And something that is a bit random, but seems fitting in this post, is that sometimes I have this feeling like I have a mental disorder because I cant for the life of me remember what it feels like to not have my child constantly in my thoughts...




As I lay in bed next to a sleeping baby, I am typing about enjoying moments and thinking about taking advantage of the time I do have, and I am not getting up to do the bazillion things that I should be doing....Ironic, stupid, or just plain lazy...either way, I'm still here...not up getting things done...



(A street you must go to should you ever visit NOLA)

No comments: