Wednesday, April 16, 2008

The Nylons...Part Deux

I am very happy to (finally...) report that the Nylons HAVE NOT canceled future shows in Madison. The news that they were cutting Madison from their tour was an evil rumor and I was relieved to hear that it was not true. Claude Morrison (a founding member of the group) himself told me that they will be back for many years and that he could not believe that people were saying that!! I was lucky to hear it from the horse's mouth, and I learned a lesson I should have already known: DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU HEAR!

With that said, the concert was more amazing than I ever thought it could be, not only did we have 3rd row seats (YES THRID ROW!!), but they performed my two favorite songs (Bop till you Drop & Heavenly Bodies), which I've never seen them do before and it was amazing!! The two returning members were a fantastic addition to an already fabulous show and I was so honored to be able to see them all perform together! To top it all off, we were included in the after party taking place onstage, where we were able to mingle with the Nylons (along with about 30 other party guests), take pictures with them, get autographs, but mostly it was great to just talk to them!

Billy Newton-Davis (one of the retired returning members) took half of his shirt off to show Erin and I his tattoo!

~It was frikin' schweet!~



Ok, ok, ok... I know I'm sounding like a Nylons groupie...but you know what? I'd rather be a Nylons groupie than most anything else!! Because The Nylons are **Awesome**!! :-D


No comments: