Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Sew Your Heart Out

I have a friend who is opening her own hair salon in a few weeks and she has offered me a display to sell my goods. I am very excited about this opportunity to turn my hobby into something more. So I have been doing a ton of preparation. I ordered new business cards and price tags, even ordered fabric labels and had a custom stamp made for my brand.



In order to have plenty of stock as well as a good variety, I decided to just go all out, assembly line style, and pump out dozens of sewn goods. So (fueled by Starbursts, as seen above) I have been in the cutting stage for the past few days, and am excited to be almost ready to start sewing!


It feels pretty good to have this huge stack of fabric just waiting to be sewn into fabulous things! Now I just have to hope that the boy goes to bed at a reasonable time tonight so I can begin the sewing phase of the process. Zippers and buttons beware because I have so many design ideas I am bursting at the seams! (no pun intended =D)


Ok, totally off topic, this fabulous card arrived in the mail today from The Frisky Feather , I love it so much, I am going to frame and hang it next to my craft desk!



It reads: "With enough caffeine, I could rule the world"

Seriously!

=D

2 comments:

Brooke said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke said...

What an exciting time for you. I wish you all the best in selling your products. I love to go to the salon that sells handmade things in my town (Knoxville, TN).